Neuralab’s niche is complex eCommerce web applications where we have the opportunity to try out all sorts of UX, UI and web tech approaches. Our team is the only WordPress VIP partner in the CEE region, alongside official partnerships with Mailchimp, Google, Kinsta and of course, WooCommerce. In short, we work on the biggest open web projects in the area.
Product management is a new(ish) role in the web creation space. It is (in our eyes) starting to replace outdated waterfall project management methodologies and “Mad Man” style of account management practices. We believe that this role is ripe for new brainpower and a fresh outlook on established processes.
And as for the job itself – we’re not here for the simple perks, we’re here for the bootstrapped revolution.
- At least one year of agency experience (or similar service type business)
- Excellent Croatian and English communication skills
- Project management OR business development OR account management experience is a must
- Very Good understanding of how web applications and their production work. For instance, you will need to explain what is the “API” or the usage of HTML, CSS… (to name a few)
- Good understanding of the digital marketing landscape. Neuralab does not work directly on digital marketing campaigns (as we focus on web application production), but application success heavily depends on the traffic sources. You need to understand and be able to explain online marketing concepts.
- Good understanding of various project management methodologies – explaining the difference between Kanban, Scrum, Waterfall etc. – especially when and not to use them
- Trello or JIRA tasks / epics triage experience
- Google Analytics (especially news about GA4)
- Google Tag Manager, understanding concepts of tracking scripts
- Google Data Studio, understanding data visualization basics
- The product manager is a team member that works together with designers and developers on various web applications. PM work consists of:
- Most notably: simplifies requests and functions, coordinates tasks and epics, predicts needs and goals, systemizes team structures, work and clients around mutual goals
- Proposes and plans quarterly or yearly web application changes;
- Educates clients and staff on possible opportunities for web application evolution;
- Analyzes available data and acts on application metrics, staff efficiency and end-user satisfaction
PM colleague usually (in more detail)…
- Analyses investor’s needs and transforms them into web application plans (tasks and projects in Trello or Harvest)
- Estimates, plans, and revises on needed production work (all design, content and development work); this role is conducted together with designers and developers
- Monitors dates and task prioritization; triages new tasks with clients or production crew and assigns priority (via backlog Trello or Harvest project management)
- Writes quarterly reports and analyzes success factors of web applications; proposes changes based on these web analytics reports and goal metrics (GA, GTM, Hotjar)
- Organizes and conducts web usability and QA testing; acts on these findings together with clients and production crew. (GA, Hotjar, external testing by various users, BrowserStack)
- Conducts brainstorms and ideation sessions on new functions and opportunities with both current and new clients
- Onboards new clients; educates new clients on Neuralab processes; proposes new projects with possible clients
Special continuous (strategic) role:
- Mentors and educates staff (and clients) on: web metrics concepts; the influence of design, development or content issues on web application metrics health; new industry standards and concepts on improving web application goals
Benefits of working in Neuralab team:
| WORKING HOURS |
- 7h per day. Monday – Friday.
- Start your workday at 8, 9, 10 or 11 AM (your choice).
- Flexible working hours if special child care is required.
- Saturdays & Sundays are non-working days.
| DAYS OFF |
- 20 vacation days at your full disposal.
- Extra paid days for family or urgent matters (up to 7 working days).
| PAYCHECK |
- Paycheck based on your level of expertise.
- Bonuses based on your team’s performance.
- Full paycheck during vacations, sick leave or family emergency.
| OFFICE |
- Remote work is possible (your choice, most people on the team works remotely).
- Zagreb office: a quiet team-based office rooms with your assigned team (2 to 4 people).
- Free car parking and bicycle space included.
- MultiSport card options available
| TEAM & MENTORSHIP |
- Complete mentorship with daily progress talks (mentors have 10 years of web tech experience).
- The team is constantly in touch with clients, receiving feedback and using it to improve production quality. Neuralab holds the highest grade of regional web development companies at Clutch and is selected as one of the Top 10 verified global eCommerce development teams.
| TECHNOLOGY OPPORTUNITIES & TOOLS |
- Local environment: VS Code, Harvest, Github, Gitbook, Figma for design handoff, Google Apps, Trello.
- DevOps: Clustered Apache Debian servers or Nginx @ Google Cloud VMs, Git/BitBucket/GitHub, AWS Route 53, Kinsta or AWS CDN. Neuralab hosting is mostly based on WP VIP data centers or Google Cloud platform with integrated AWS services like Lambda crons, Route53, SES, or S3.
| LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES |
- Possibility to work on internal experiments and Open source projects (PWA, WP REST API, WP plugins, 3rd party integrations etc.).
- Partnership with two education centres: HalPet and Ciceron where you can learn new skills or languages, all of which are covered by Neuralab team.
- Online learning: Full access to Lynda, Treehouse and Neuralab internal library. The team has access to WordPress (Automattic) experts and their knowledge libraries as we’re the only WP VIP & WooCommerce gold partner in the region.
- Conference opportunities: Neuralab is a sponsor of most Croatian IT conferences and a regular visitor at international events like Smashing Conf in New York, WooConf or WordCamp Europe.
- Publications: Neuralab team writes and talks on eCommerce, web development, interactive design topics and publishes them on our blog or various tech portals.
How to get a PM job in Neuralab?
- Send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
- If everything looks good on paper and screen, we will invite you to get to know us and to talk with the production team.
Deadline: This is an open job position as we’re constantly growing and expanding our capabilities. Freely apply on your earliest convenience.