The development team is responsible for full-stack applications and we manage projects under DevOps methodologies with major emphasis on LAMP stack / WordPress framework. This means you will also get the opportunity to work on low-level server architecture and virtual machines at AWS, Rackspace, Azure and Digital Ocean data-centers. All projects are managed through GIT, so basic knowledge of these processes and methods would be highly appreciated. You will be in a position to actively participate in the WordPress community by writing articles, developing custom integrations or joining a WP event (like the first WordCamp in Croatia)
The list of other requirements is short and focused:
– Minimum formal education: Finalizing college or finished bachelors degree. Higher degrees are good to have but not obligatory.
– Working experience: 1 year of commercial coding experience, although it helps if you have additional exposure to non-coding real life projects (student organization, summer part-time gigs or freelance work).
– Communication proficiency: Excellent English skills (both written and spoken), excellent team and overall communication skills.
What can a junior developer expect from working in Neuralab?
– Working hours: 40 hours per week, Saturdays & Sundays are non-working days, unless agreed otherwise.
– Dev environment: NetBeans, PhpStorm, XAMPP, EasyPHP, Visual studio, Code Anywhere, Clustered Windows/Linux servers and clustered databases, Git/BitBucket/GitHub, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Apps premium, Microsoft Azure, AWS, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, JIRA, Zendesk, Lynda and of course… Pen & Paper.
– Type of contract: Full employment, unlimited time, payed testing period of 6 months.
– Production location: Trnje, Zagreb, Croatia.
– Paycheck: Accordingly to your level of knowledge and expertise + bonuses based on a team’s performance.
– Extras: working on internal experimental projects, trying out new languages and methods, writing for dev portals, team trips to conferences and events.
How to get the Neuralab junior dev job?
1. If you have a piece of your code that you’re particularly proud of, upload it to GitHub on a public repo. It needs to be your own code (WP theme, WP plugin, snippet, library, class, helper functions… anything goes)
2. Send us your CV, cover letter and a GitHub repo link to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If everything looks good on paper and screen, we will invite you to get to know us and to meet the team.
DEADLINE IS 29th of January 2016 (Friday). Good luck!