Neuralab team is seeking a Junior WordPress developer for our Zagreb location. This position will include learning, experimenting and producing both web & mobile systems in which front-end development takes 80% of production.
The development team is responsible for full-stack applications and we manage projects under DevOps methodologies with major emphasis on LAMP stack / WordPress framework. This means you will also get the opportunity to work on low-level server architecture and virtual machines at AWS, Rackspace, Azure and Digital Ocean data-centers. All projects are managed through GIT, so basic knowledge of these processes and methods would be highly appreciated. You will be in a position to actively participate in the WordPress community by writing articles, developing custom integrations or joining a WP event (like the first WordCamp in Croatia)
The list of other requirements is short and focused:
- Minimum formal education: Finalizing college or finished bachelors degree. Higher degrees are good to have but not obligatory.
- Working experience: 1 year of commercial coding experience, although it helps if you have additional exposure to non-coding real life projects (student organization, summer part-time gigs or freelance work).
- Communication proficiency: Excellent English skills (both written and spoken), excellent team and overall communication skills.
What can a junior developer expect from working in Neuralab?
- Working hours: 40 hours per week, Saturdays & Sundays are non-working days, unless agreed otherwise.
- Dev environment: NetBeans, PhpStorm, XAMPP, EasyPHP, Visual studio, Code Anywhere, Clustered Windows/Linux servers and clustered databases, Git/BitBucket/GitHub, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Apps premium, Microsoft Azure, AWS, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, JIRA, Zendesk, Lynda and of course… Pen & Paper.
- Type of contract: Full employment, unlimited time, payed testing period of 6 months.
- Production location: Trnje, Zagreb, Croatia.
- Paycheck: Accordingly to your level of knowledge and expertise + bonuses based on a team’s performance.
- Extras: working on internal experimental projects, trying out new languages and methods, writing for dev portals, team trips to conferences and events.
How to get the Neuralab junior dev job?
- If you have a piece of your code that you’re particularly proud of, upload it to GitHub on a public repo. It needs to be your own code (WP theme, WP plugin, snippet, library, class, helper functions… anything goes)
- Send us your CV, cover letter and a GitHub repo link to email@example.com
- If everything looks good on paper and screen, we will invite you to get to know us and to meet the team.