Neuralab is on a journey to build a stronger development department, and we would love for you to join us in this endeavor. Since the very beginning, we have been engaged in programming, and it is precisely that aspect (alongside design and content creation) that forms one of the cornerstones of our digital workshop.
Required skills and knowledge
Neuralab develops applications using two main web server-side technologies: PHP and ASP.NET. We also develop mobile applications in Swift, Java, and Flash languages. For front-end development, we utilize a wide range of languages, frameworks, and tools such as HTML5, jQuery, Genesis framework, Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.
Apply if you have a passion for web technologies and a willingness to learn new languages. Expect polyglot coding, meaning the use of multiple programming languages.
Rough importance of technologies*:
- HTML5, CSS3, JS
- MySQL & PHP, WordPress, Genesis framework
- ASP.NET C# + MSSQL
- Swift / iOS / Xcode
*Note: Experience with Git version control is a plus.
- Formal education: Minimum high school diploma (SSS), but candidates with higher education are preferred.
- Work experience: 1 year. It is not necessary for the experience to be strictly commercial in nature. We support work on non-profit projects, personal projects, associations, etc. Candidates with more experience are preferred.
- Language proficiency: English and Croatian.
- Driver’s license: Not mandatory, but it is an advantage.
- Working hours: Full-time (40 hours per week). Saturday and Sunday are non-working days.
- Development environment: NetBeans, PhpStorm, XAMPP, EasyPHP, Visual Studio Ultimate, Code Anywhere, Clustered Windows/Linux servers and clustered databases, Git/BitBucket/GitHub, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Apps Premium, Microsoft Azure, AWS, Rackspace, JIRA, Zendesk, Lynda…
- Contract: Permanent (with a probationary period).
- Workplace: Zagreb.
What does the process of developing an application at Neuralab look like?
Steps to the Neuralab developer position:
- Familiarize yourself with the required skills and work conditions.
- Optional for bonus points: Solve the task at this link and follow the instructions provided. Include the link to your newly created CodePen repository in your CV.
- Send your CV and cover letter (PDF format!) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: We accept applications on an ongoing basis until we find a new colleague.